Sunday, September 23, 2012

Erratum

It turns out I was wrong about London Bridge and the Twelve Apostles (see "Metamorphosis").

They are not, as I so hastily assumed, all one in a continuous state of transience over a 15-year-period.

They are, in fact, two distinct places on Great Ocean Road in Victoria, Australia.

You can see (can't you?) how it happened - I took a couple of looks at the postcard, got my idea of metamorphosis, and ran off half-cocked with it. I didn't even bother with a quick check on Wikipedia.

Which is at least one reason why I'm an unpaid person blogging for her own enjoyment, and not a well paid scientist with the Pew Research Center.

Alas, alas. This too shall pass.

As Mark Twain famously said, "Never let the truth get in the way of a good story."


1 comment:

P-squared said...

That makes me a Pew research scientist (though unpaid). P