Friday, February 24, 2012

Cuties

You know what else is superb in its smallness? E-Z peel, seedless, California mandarins. What more could you want in a fruit? Sweet, juicy, petite. Loaded with as much vitamin C as its giant, tarter cousin, that seedy grapefruit with its tough inner skin. Don’t get me wrong, I love a grapefruit, but a Cutie you can fit whole in your mouth. (Not that you’d want to, I’m just proving a point here.) Let’s say you’re not hungry, but you haven’t had any fruit yet today. You can still squeeze in a Cutie for your own good. I just bought a case of 20 for $5.99. Most of the time I turn away because 6 bucks seems like a lot to spend on fruit. But when you do the math, we’re talking 30 cents per serving toward your 5-a-day goal. That's cheaper than a postcard stamp!

No comments: