Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Anti-Facebook

There I was, scrolling mindlessly down my Facebook home page, sliding past S’s status update from the drive-thru window of McDonald’s, and G’s unedited uploaded album of 368 new photos of her 8-month-old’s first Christmas, and L’s request for something having to do with Farmville, and N’s daily quote from the Bible, and C’s invitation to the next Zumbathon, and my cousin’s promise to kick anybody’s ass who isn’t a Broncos fan, and suddenly…

There it was.

One of my postcards!

Evette had scanned the one of the London double-decker bus I’d sent her and uploaded it to her wall!

She was telling people about my campaign!

She was telling people to join her friend Debra’s campaign!

Oh, the irony of it.

Here I was launching what some might consider an at least moderately anti-Facebook movement and it was being promoted on Facebook.

No comments: