Sunday, January 2, 2011

Calendar

Everybody uses technology now, but I still like a wall calendar. I like the squares and the grid pattern and the visual order of it. I like to see it hanging there. I have three calendars that don’t see a lot of action, plus the one I use at work that’s always full, each day bolded with activity (in Groupwise, on my computer, naturally). There’s the one on the wall in my home office. One on the side of my refrigerator. One in my purse, where I record doctor’s appointments, periods, and workouts. That one is pink and has lines. In early 2010 I was also recording meditation sessions, but then something upset my routine (again) and I stopped meditating (again). Looking back at last year’s calendar, at what I set out to do and didn’t, is reinvigorating. Meditation in 2011! Now I must head down to Barnes & Noble and purchase a datebook. They should be 50% off by now.

No comments: